Grant strategies to build nonprofit capacity
Strategic Grants Scholarships - FIA Conference 2020
In line with our Vision of building the capacity of the NFP sector, we are proud to once again be sponsoring scholarships for fundraisers from around Australia to attend the 2020 FIA Conference in February, being held in Brisbane. Eight scholarships will be awarded in total, to one member from each state and territory.
The scholarship covers the cost of a full FIA Conference member registration ($1,345). Winners must cover their own flights and accommodation.
It provides an opportunity for FIA Members to attend the conference when they would otherwise not have the opportunity, due to financial means.
The scholarship candidate must:
• Be a member of the FIA who has a current full individual or organisational membership held for at least 12 months.
• Their organisation must have an annual fundraising revenue of less than $500,000 (not including bequests).
• Fundraising revenue is considered income that has been raised by the fundraising team / fundraiser via fundraising programs, in other words it is income derived from charitable giving. Therefore, by its nature it excludes government grants, investments, fee for service, interest etc.
• Provide an endorsement letter from their organisation’s CEO stating benefits/likely outcomes of attending the conference.
• Have completed the scholarship application form, summarising the reasons he/she feels qualified to receive a scholarship.
• Must not have attended the FIA Conference within the past 5 years.
Applications close Friday 6th December. More information including the application can be found here.